Home Forums EA Studio Trading Robots from EA Studio How many EAs should I trade? Reply To: How many EAs should I trade?

User AvatarJohn
Participant

Hi Petko,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been really busy. Eventually I want to trade more currencies but I wanted to start generating a lot of strategies for one pair first. I chose USDCHF because I’ve manually traded it in the past and I’m a little more familiar with the pair.

Between my demo and live account, the results are close but not exact. It might be different because I have the demo account on a separate VPS which I’ve had about a month longer than my live account.

The way I have my accounts set up is I have a few identical portfolio EAs on both accounts. The EAs on the live account have all the exit and entry signals commented out except for the top 5 performing ones. I keep track of the accounts using FX Blue and when a strategy goes below 1.5 profit factor with at least 5 trades, I usually disable it on the live account and enable another one based on what is doing well on my demo account.

I’d be really grateful for any tips that can help me improve my routine. Also, what other currencies would you recommend to start trading with? I’ve had luck with EURUSD before the pandemic but sometime around March, all my EURUSD EAs quickly became unprofitable and I haven’t really tried trading that pair since then.

Thank you,

John

Shopping Cart