Home Forums EA Studio The way to go? Techniques for making profit Reply To: The way to go? Techniques for making profit

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Alex C,

I wanted to comment on your confusion as posted above “After posting it only went down, no positive weeks anymore… still in profit but I’m confused …”  If I am off base I hope Samuel or Petko will correct me.

When we create a strategy the balance line does not go straight up and will have periods of drawdowns.  So it makes sense to me that the strategy will have periods of draw downs in the future.  For example my portfolio of 10 strategies from 02/19/2022 through 08/19/2022 has a drawdown of 1.65%.  When I move my strategy forward from 03/19/2022 through 09/19/2022, which includes the most recent price action of the market, it has a current drawdown of 2.47%.  The current draw down is a little less than 1% greater (2.47% – 1.65%).  I attribute the current draw down I am experiencing at due to the current increased volatility in the market as due to recent economic conditions which is worse than the previous six months.  It is my belief that as we go through the months ahead there will be periods when my portfolio’s balance line will continue to move higher along with future periods of draw down.  So, while it may be frustrating to watch my portfolio go through the current drawdown I am not giving up.  I believe that my portfolio will continue to increase in value as I go through the months ahead.  So, in my opinion, I don’t think I would be confused yet. I would give it more time.

Shopping Cart