Home Forums Prop Firms FTMO Challenge How to Pass FTMO Challenge Reply To: How to Pass FTMO Challenge

User AvatarSamuel Jackson

Hey Petko,

Basically the FTMO challenge is that you can pay an entry free (depended on size of account but is about 150 dollars for a 10k account).

The to pass the challenge you must meet the profit target in 30 days while respecting the drawdown rules.

IF you pass the challenge then there is a verification phase that basically gives you twice the length of time to achieve the same target again.

At this point you are awarded the 10 account to trade on and will be able to withdraw real profits each month (20% of the profits go to FTMO though)

But they have a free trial that allows traders to try half the challenge period for free and provide the same metrix so it’s a really good free way of testing yourself :-).

I used to try the free trial loads and failed almost everytime when I was getting started, but now I just take it occasionally for a bit of fun  and do pretty well most of the time 🙂

It is certainly challenging to pass such targets while avoiding drawdowns for the full challenge and verification period though so gotta know what you are doing for sure. I prefer to just trade my own money without the rules although they are very good rules to follow but at least a small breach doesn’t result in losing an account.

Shopping Cart