Home Forums EA Studio The way to go? Techniques for making profit Reply To: The way to go? Techniques for making profit

User AvatarSamuel Jackson

Hey Matthew, yeah now would not be a good time for EAs on crypto in my opinion. I tend to prefer to trade indexes differently and only in the long direction.

I mostly stick to diversifying within forex though.

What timeframes are you using? 300 trades in 24 months is quite a lot so I can understand why it’s hard to get lots of strategies passing this with a good profit factor.

Also btw your stop loss and take profit ranges can make it harder to find strategies if too tight so you could try increasing that. What are you currently using, if 10-100 then I suggest the following.

Open as many reactors as you can on your computer (my rule of thumb is a reactor for each processor core) each with the same settings on a different pair using your preferred timeframe (I am assuming M15?), make sure stop loss and take profit limit is set to 20-200. Run for 24hrs and then see what pairs have more strategies that meets your acceptance criteria.

You could do this several times with a few different batches of symbols and you can take note of the pairs that are working best for you.

Shopping Cart