Home Forums Trading Courses Last Month best Robots … – unusual timing of all transactions

Darwinex Zero
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarJacek
      Participant

For the past few days, I am running the latest portfolio robots (3×10) from that course (08/13/2024 10:16).  There are 26 pending transactions and over 50 processed.  All those transactions are done basically exactly on the hour (some maybe max 3-5 sec past the hour).  I cannot imagine that any buy/sell signal would be so sensitive to the current time.  Therefore, maybe there is something going on because of my EAs’ settings, something in the EAs code or maybe somehow my broker is interfering with it.

I am running 3 demo accounts with tastyfx (US version of IG) broker.  On two of those accounts, I have EAs from two courses (3×10 and 5×1), and on the third I run Grid Machine EA.  The Grid Machine robot places / closes transactions all over the place, so that kind of puts the tastyfx.com out of the scope of the problem for now (although, I specified Grid Machine to only do buy, due to US hedging restrictions, and I didn’t modify code of your EAs as such).  What would suggest that either I somehow messed up settings or the code is not working as expected.

Would appreciate any feedback on it.

Thank you,

Jacek

All transactions at the hour

User AvatarIlan Vardy
      Keymaster

Hi Jacek,

The broker isn’t messing with your EAs :-)

The EAs open trades at the opening of the bar following confirmation that the rules of the strategy have been met. On an H1 chart, that happens on the hour.

In terms of Grid Machine, I’m afraid because this is a 3rd party EA, we have no access to the code, so I really cannot say what’s happening there. I can only suggest you reach out the developer and see if he replies with some insight.

Thanks,
      Ilan

User AvatarJacek
      Participant

Hi Ilan,

Thank you again.  I missed that trades are made on the bar opening.  With Grid Machine, it runs on m1, so that is the reason that it open trades all over the place.

Thank you again,

Jacek

User AvatarIlan Vardy
      Keymaster

No problem, happy to help

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart