EA Forex Academy – Algorithmic & Manual Trading Courses Forums Forex Trading Forum How many EAs and Lot Size in one account

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Ossaio
    Participant

Okay, I see what the problem is. I was initially using 1:1 leverage like I have in my demo account. However, when I changed it to 1:30, the strategies became stable.

Hey Ossaio,

Yes, the idea in Forex trading is to trade with leverage. Of course, it should be smart, and you need good money management.

When you trade 1:1, it is more for investment and to hold your savings in another currency. But if the swap is high this might cause you losses.

Maria Leona
    Participant

Ossaio, where did you find a broker with leverage 1:1? I never saw such a thing with the brokers?

How much is the spread and the swap in this cases?

Ossaio
    Participant

Hi Maria, the 1:1 leverage is only in the demo account.

Live trading accounts have a maximum 1:30 leverage due to limits placed on European brokers.

Hey Ossaio,

Yes, the recent limits affected very negatively the brokers. Most of them fired most of their employees.

You can make a conclusion of how much the people are losing before with the high leverage. This is how brokers benefit a lot.

However, this is not about anyone in this forum. Everyone who is here knows clearly that education is needed before trading.

The brokers benefit from the people who jump in real trading without any idea.

Ian Bibian
    Participant

You are right, Petko! I jumped into trading without an idea. Zeroed small account for less than a month. 🙂

Unfortunately, most of the traders that come to Forex Academy lost some money. This is how everyone realizes that education is needed.

Admin bar avatarHaliffa
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I started adding some cross pairs to my portfolio. Anyway with some ideas?

At the moment I am on AUDUSD, GBPJPY, and EURNZD.

Hello Haliffa,

it is interesting to trade cross pairs because you will avoid the effect of the Red Hot News that normally affects the major currencies.

If you really want to stay away from the “big shark” currencies that are affected by the huge daily bank transactions, you should stick with currencies as AUDNZD and CADJPY.

Admin bar avatarDesita
    Participant

I am working now on my portfolio with the cross pairs. I want to compare in live account with the results  from the major currencies.

i want at the end to make a nice mix of major and cross pairs. But first I want to see which one will show better results.

Hey Desita,

good point here to compare the results between cross pairs and major pairs. Let us know how it goes.

But again, focus on the profitable strategies with nice backtest output. Do not make compromises with any strategy just because you want to trade that currency.

Admin bar avatarAndi
    Participant

I always get better results when generating strategies for the major pairs. I try to generate strategies for the cross pairs, but I do not see what I want to see…

Ossaio
    Participant

Hi Andi,

By major pairs, are you referring to EURUSD, USDJPY, GBPUSD and USDCHF? Are you trading only these 4 pairs?

I’m still on demo account and I started with minor/cross pairs like EURJPY, EURGBP, GBPCHF and EURAUD. I plan to start looking at few major pairs soon. It will be nice to know which currency pairs have delivered most profit to experienced members of the forum. Thanks.

Admin bar avatarDesita
    Participant

I avoid trading the USDCHF after it was released from the euro

Desita, I avoid it too, but I consider adding it soon to my portfolio because there is already enough Data from that time.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.