Home Forums EA Studio EA Studio Portfolio Summary shows huge profits but the Portfolio lost money

BlackBull Markets
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      User AvatarAngelo
      Participant

Dear all,

I would appreciate a lot if you could provide feedback on this strange thing for me:

This is the screen of the summary for  February 14th, while below the opposite results of the same portfolio from Mt5. Same spread limit, same propfunding account, same pairs data, same leverage-

It says 9 aggregate trades:

In challenge account: 19 trades, only 2 wins:

Please how do you explain? I believe I could use Strategy portfolio as a demo account where to choose good strategies to send live, but it’s not encouraging me, the account had a huge increase but also a suddenly decrease with strategies chosen in this way:

Thanks in advance for any precious help,

regards

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Angelo,

All expert advisors will go through a period of drawdown. You can expand your Data Horizon to cover the last one or two years. Then you can look at the strategy report and you will be able to see that stats for the EA. Among the many stats for this EA you will find the stagnation period and the daily and maximum drawdown. These stats will give you an idea of what you can expect in the future. While the longer term outlook is for the EA to be profitable over the shorter term the EA can go through periods of stagnation and drawdowns.

Alan,

User AvatarAngelo
      Participant

Hello Alan,

thanks a lot for your reply, yes of course there are period of drawdown, but I wanted to highlight that Strategy Portoflio Summary shows a profit day for trading the 14th of February, while, the same strategies, sent “live”, in that day, considering trades opened and closed on Feb 14th, like in Ea Studio, had a strong loss.

According to Strategy Portfolio Summary, Feb 14th had 5,1% profit.

In reality, in live trading, Feb 14th had -1,84% loss.

You can check from my screenshots.

You can see that the live trades have been opened all on Feb 14th, so, they’re not coming from the previous day. It’s the same condition of Strategy Portfolio: started trading on Feb 14th and finished trading on Feb 14th.

Same 22 EAs, same leverage, maximum spread slightly higher in EA Studio than in live trading.

If there’s no other reason, this is a big bug fo EA Studio which can completely mislead the user in evaluating a good strategy while actually is bad.

Please inform the developers immediately, thanks!

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Angelo,

In the Portfolio Summary what Data Source are you using?

In live trading what broker / prop firm are you using?

Alan,

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Angelo,

The way EA Studio works is the robot it will take the 5ers historical data and generate buy and sell orders and then at the end of the historical data EA Studio closes all trades and generates a balance line.

The way the 5ers Metatrader works is it will request the historical data from the brokers server the 5ers uses. In fetching this data from the broker there is a delay for the broker to receive the request, then the server has to send the data back to the 5ers Metatrader terminal with another delay. Once the metatrader receives the data from the brokers server it can apply it to the Expert Advisor. The Expert Advisor will then create a buy or sell signal and then send the data back to the brokers server with again another delay. Then once the 5ers broker receives the command to buy or sell it will act on that command. Although this happens quickly my point is there is a delay involved with the live transaction whereas with EA Studio there is no delay. The result is there will be a difference in the simulation done by EA Studio and the live account.

I do not try to make such an exact comparison between EA Studio and my live account. I use EA Studio to create the Expert Advisors. I then run the EAs on my brokers live account with 0.01 lots. I then determine which EAs are being profitable in the current market conditions. I will then increase the lot size on the profitable EA or EAs.

I do not believe there is any errors in EA Studio as the developer has refined it over the years. However, if you feel you need to report your results to the developer then I suggest reaching out to support@eatradingacademy.com .

Alan,

User AvatarAngelo
      Participant

Hello Alan,

of course, the propfirm data (the 5%ers) in strategy platform and the same in the challenge account (the 5%ers).

Thanks

Angelo

User AvatarAngelo
        Participant

also same swap long, swap short and commission of course. Maximum spread 20 on EA Studio while the challenge account has a lower spread in average.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart