Home Forums General Discussion Criteria for removing an EA from live account? Reply To: Criteria for removing an EA from live account?

User AvatarSteveM2030
Participant

Thanks Petko, that’s useful.  Its an exciting stage when the first EAs on demo are proving themselves worthy of going to a live account. I have decided that for each EA going into live, I will give it half as many trades as it had over demo to hit my minimum 1.30 profit factor criteria. So If it hit 1.45PF over 110 trades in demo (100 being the minimum), I will give it 55 trades in live to hit minimum 1.30.  That’s enough time to allow the trades to synchronise between demo and live for the same EA, and then some more time to even out some good / bad spells and see, something closer to its true long term performance. I have in mind that any EA that drops below 1.2 profit factor over its total time on live, will get dropped. That way I know it has always contributed profits to my live account, but below 1.2 means it is using valuable margin that could have been given to an EA that performs more profitably.  Ill see how this second rule works out, that’s just an idea at this stage.

I would look at that video as I am curious about the simulated trading, but it is behind a paywall. (I have paid for EA Studio access only). Thanks

Shopping Cart