Home Forums Trading Courses Crypto Algo Course + 50 EAs monthly Cryptocurrency Algo trading with 50 EAs Reply To: Cryptocurrency Algo trading with 50 EAs

User AvatarIlan Vardy

Hey Robbles,

Thanks so much for your kind words. I’m really happy to hear you enjoyed the course.

Your point about a VPS is very good. You are correct, however as this course was geared towards beginners mostly, I didn’t include it in the course, as I didn’t want to overwhelm our new traders with too much technical IT information. Having said that, I think it may be a good idea to add it when I update the course next.

To answer your questions:

I personally always close all open positions before updating the EAs, irrespective of whether they’re currently open or closed. This is because I want to use the EAs that have shown the best performance in current market conditions. If the existing EAs are open, and profitable, then great! If not, I take the loss, close the positions, and activate the new EAs.

The reason there is no SL or TP in place on the EAs, is because when I created them in EA Studio,  I ran the Generator and Reactor many times, trying different settings before testing the EAs and creating the course. The best results I got, was when the indicators in the EAs decided when to open and close the trades, rather than the SL and TP. If you have a trial or full license, my suggestion is to try for yourself – play around, try different settings, and see what you prefer, or what you’re more comfortable with.

In terms of lot sizes, the 0.01 lots I use when creating and trading with the EAs, is what I am personally comfortable with, based on my account balance. This is where money management comes in too. In EA Studio, you can set your initial account balance, and again, as mentioned above, I tried different lot sizes based on my account balance, and found the results I was comfortable with, was starting at 0.01 lots. My money management system is quote simple. I increase my lot sizes proportionately to my account balance. So, let’s say my account balance increases by 10%, my lot size will increase my 10% too. Conversely, if it drops by 10%, my lot sizes decrease by 10% too. In terms of leverage, again, your risk appetite comes into play, and if you are happy taking bigger risks, then you can increase your leverage. The margin requirements depend on the broker, as they all set their own.

Thanks again for your kind words – I will ask the site manager to check the issue with the review.

Should you have any follow up questions, please feel free to ask.

Take care,

Ilan

Shopping Cart