Home Forums Trading EAs in the US Trade could not be closed due to FIFO violation Reply To: Trade could not be closed due to FIFO violation

User Avatarjacpin2002
Participant

@Petko and everyone-In my demo account, it looks like FIFO is not taken into consideration (but maybe this is just because it’s demo). So, I’m going to say that this is probably the same in live. I don’t have multiple EAs for the same currency pair in my live account yet, so I haven’t experienced the violation yet. However, I do see that I can trade one asset in one account with different lots. This is a great work-around to FIFO. Since my ultimate goal is to have 4 EAs running on 2 different time frames for 1 currency pair, I am going to have to trade with smallest lot size of 0.01-0.04, with my best performing EA getting the 0.04 lot size. These lots sizes are only if I have more than 10 EAs running. For less than 10, I would use lot size 0.10-0.13.

Hope this helps. Still kinda crappy that we have to do it this way, but with strong strategies, it shouldn’t be an issue with being profitable. I really like my broker, so I’m sticking with them and just doing the work-around when need be.

Shopping Cart