Home Forums EA Studio Portfolio EAs EA Studio vs My Portfolio Results So Far Reply To: EA Studio vs My Portfolio Results So Far

User AvatarAlan Northam

Hi Samuel,  I did some investigating this morning and here is what I did.  I the 10 strategies I chose at the beginning of September and put them into the EA Studio portfolio.  I then recalculated for Sept 1 through Sept 16.  These dates are outside the dates used to determine the strategies.  Now I can see how my portfolio of 10 different EURUSD strategies should have behaved going forward in time.  The following chart shows the results from EA Studio:

I then compared the resulting chart from EA Studio to the chart of my actual trading portfolio.  The following chart is from FXblue:

As can be seen the results are similar.  FXblue, however, shows about 10 dollars more in loss over the first half of September but does not include the plus 10 dollar float.  So, overall loss is about the same.

Now here is the interesting thing.  The following chart shows a screeshot of MT4 EURUSD window:

What I find interesting this that the big drawdown in my portfolio seems to be happening at about the same time EURUSD is actually moving higher.  It’s like when the market is going up my portfolio is taking Short trades.  I don’t think this would be possible but it is quite interesting to see this negative correlation but I cannot say I understand why this would be happening.

I will continue until the end of the month to see what the overall results look like for the month.

Shopping Cart