Home Forums EA Studio Generator in EA Studio Moving EAs vs Generating EAs every month Reply To: Moving EAs vs Generating EAs every month

User AvatarSamuel Jackson

Hey Tanya and Petko,

I can add a few points:

Tanya uses IC markets for both demo and mock live account and I know that she validates the strategies using the IC markets broker data.

Although I didn’t select these pairs I advised Tanya to do what I do which is to select 4 pairs to trade together that are as uncorrelated as possible. They look good to me? Also the mix of timeframes M15, H1 and H4 also works well for minimizing correlation on the same symbol.

I’ve got two of those pairs in my own portfolio at the moment and it’s been trading really well 🙂

Can you confirm the above is correct Tanya 🙂

As to the poor results Tanya:

You have at least a month of trading on the demo and at least a few trades when deciding how to move EAs right?

How many EAs are you putting on your mock live at a time?

Also you could try a few different mock live accounts at the same time and trial a few different selection methods?

But to answer the original question Tanya (at last :-):

My advice would be to maintain a pool of collections and then check them every 3 months or so using the validator for the most recent three months of data, then remove the ones that don’t perform well over the last three months and keep doing this ongoingly.

Over time you will build a higher quality pool.

The higher quality your pool of strategies the less need to continually create more.

Also keep things simple when moving the EAs, just a good profit factor and more than 5 trades for example over the last month.

Keep the demo running as long as possible and keep replacing the strategies that are performing poorly. This is why I actually prefer to work with single EAs rather than portfolio EAs as it makes it cleaner to just remove an EA that’s performing poorly and then replace it with a new one.

Keep practicing as you are Tanya, things will improve with practice, it sounds simple enough but it does take a while to get the knack of things 🙂

Shopping Cart