Home Forums EA Studio Reactor Help required with Reactor settings Reply To: Help required with Reactor settings

User AvatarSteveM2025
Participant

Re your second point Samuel, I think you’re right. I have become fairly obsessed with the principle of the 1:1 Risk: Reward strategies. If you set a strategy that has an equal pip value of stop loss to take profit, the win rate would average out to 50% in totally random market, exactly like a coin toss. But we don’t believe the market is random, and we believe that indicators DO have some predictive qualities (if they didn’t, again we would expect to see a 50% win rate over the long term). So I have left compelled to find those indicators that can tip the win rate to 52/53/54/55%. But as you say it is a very restrictive approach and i think i need to focus on other methods. In my 1 2 1 Petko suggested EAs with large stop losses and smaller TPs have performed better in his tests, have you found the same? Is there any particular approach which has generated strong results for you in the past?

Shopping Cart