Home Forums EA Studio Generator in EA Studio Number of Strategies Generated in 10 hours? Reply To: Number of Strategies Generated in 10 hours?

User AvatarSamuel Jackson

Hey Tanya,

Sounds like a good plan. I wouldn’t be too rigid about the 12 EAs. I’d say aim for 10-20 EAs and stick with 0.1 lots size on your 10k account and you will get a feel for how much your balance will change over the course of a month.

It of course depends on the EAs you select as one EA may typically trade more often than another for example.

More important of course is to be moving your balance in the right direction but you will want to also get a feel for the risk you are taking on your account every month.

For example, if you have a trading plan for a month then you should be able to feel pretty sure that even if you have a really bad trading month that your balance is very unlikely to drop below a certain threshold.

As an example of you had 10 EAs trading then for each one you could get the average number of trades a month, win loss ratio and typical size of losing and winning trade. Then you could assume that the win loss ratio was halved to simulate a bad month and calculate what the loss would be for the month and scale your lot size accordingly.

I’m not saying that this is a good way as I just came up with it on the spot as a quick example but it would give you something tangible to estimate as a start and you can improve your calculation as you gain experience.

In a nutshell the point I am trying to make is just that you should have a reason for the lot size you are trading that is as much about the risk you are willing to take as it is about the profit target you are aiming for. But always aim to keep things as simple as they can be 🙂

Shopping Cart