Home Forums EA Studio Trading Robots from EA Studio How to manage the monthly EAs? Reply To: How to manage the monthly EAs?

User AvatarSamuel Jackson

Hey Tanya,

Yeah good recap.

For selecting the EAs we are doing a couple of things when we trade them on demo. First is we are actually applying a final filter that removes strategies that MAY have been overfit and also then trying to catch the EAs in their profitable phase.

I think it’s important to wait the full month personally before moving anything onto mock demo with over 10 trades and good performance, also I like a week as a shorter filter too.

For the short filter I am happy with a few trades and a profit factor of 1.1. For the longer filter I like to see more trades and a profit factor of 1.1 along with a drawdown value that aligns with what was shown in the backtest.

A longer filter would also be smart in my opinion (say 3 months) but it’s a balance between managing all the accounts also so I like 1 month and 1 week for simplicity.

I would suggest that you think of a few things you would like to try and then have three mock demo accounts and compare the results over a few months to see what works best (remember and record everything in a spreadsheet).

Of course you have to find the balance with time and effort that works for you. I don’t have a lot of free time so I adjust my systems to suit.

Shopping Cart