Home Forums EA Studio Trading Robots from EA Studio Managing Live EAs Reply To: Managing Live EAs

User AvatarAlan Northam

I am new to using EA’s myself but I can share my plan with you.  I get 50 updated EA’s from the “Top 10 EURUSD Expert Advisors: Top EA Forex Trading” course I took every month.  I have put these 50 EA’s in a demo MT4 terminal.  I then did the strategy tester on each one of them using all the data history I have (two months worth) which I believe to be sufficient because I am only interested in the recent performance of these EA’s.  I then recorded the results of EA’s that had PF greater than 1.2 and number of trades greater than 2 and graph showing an upward trend.  I then sorted the list by Greatest profit to the least profit.  I then selected the EA I want to use by the greatest profit.  It seems to me that I want to pick the EA’s with the greatest profit over the last two months regardless of the number of trades or the PF.  I may change this opinion over time but for now this is my plan.  Since I am running 10 MT4 terminals I then select the top 10 EA’s making the most profit.

Now how do I plan on managing these 10 EA’s.  Every weekend I will run the strategy tester on the 50 EA’s in my demo account.  I will then update my spreadsheet.  Next I will run the strategy tester on the 10 EA’s in my MT4 live accounts and review the graphs.  As long as these graphs continue to trend upward and making good profit I will leave them.  The EA’s whose graphs are starting to point downward I will replace with EA’s from my spreadsheet.  I will update my plan as needed as I continue to gain experience trading EA’s.

I hope I have made my plan clear enough, if now ask questions.

Shopping Cart