Home Forums Brokers How do I test different brokers with the same EAs? Reply To: How do I test different brokers with the same EAs?

User AvatarSamuel Jackson

Hi Achmidius,

Glad you are getting more EAs in the collection. Always good to have more in collection and then filter from there.

I’m not 100% sure what you mean by principle of EAs but I’ll try and explain.

Each of your 22 EAs can have an open a position at the same time yes. So if you have 22 EAs running then you could have 22 open positions.

What lot size on what size account are you intending to trade and with what leverage.

For example if you are trading on a 10k account using a 0.1 lot size and 22 EAs, then you could be potentially opening 2.2 lots at a time which is   220k worth right.

On a 10k account with 100 leverage you would have 1 million buying powers so would be using about 1/5 of your margin.

I personally think this is reasonable and would not be looking to use more of my margin than this.

I would recommend checking out Petkos course on Money Management and making sure you are clear with the amounts you are risking when you are trading.

Starting out with a 10k demo using 22 EAs as you have done, 0.05-0.1 lots size per EA seems sensible to me on 10k account with 100 leverage, keep an eye on your margin levels in MT4 and get a feel for this and how many trades are open at the same time.

Shopping Cart