Home Forums EA Studio Portfolio EAs portfolio calculations vs reality Reply To: portfolio calculations vs reality

User AvatarSamuel Jackson

Hi David,

You are welcome regarding my response. Could empathize with your desperation as losing money certainly isn’t fun!

Yes of course you need to see it with your own eyes. I would expect no less! But if you follow those steps a lot will clear up I am sure.

And actually I would suggest starting the suggested tests with a normal stop loss rather than a trailing stop as its clearer in MT4 comparison because of how MT4 handles the trailing stop.

I actually tend to avoid trailing stops for this reason and I haven’t seen much benefit, but I understand that they are useful for trend following approach and all should be well if you use them but keep things simple to start. You will be able to check with portfolio and trailing stops after you have followed those steps through but definitely start simple first as it will make everything clearer and easier.

It sounds like you are targeting a trend following approach with the trailing stop and and no TP, is this correct?

Yes, you can absolutely rest assured that this is fantastic software that has clearly had many years of time and passion put into it. If there were actual mismatches that were a genuine bug then Popov would certainly want to know about it, but I very strongly do not believe what you have shown is evidence of this and needs to be broken down into smaller steps for you to get to the bottom of it properly.

Also if you do find any legitimate bugs you can email Miroslav Popov directly and he will respond and fix them very quickly. But in my experience often these are almost always our own mistakes or misunderstandings as it is highly polished and quality software.

Happy troubleshooting 🙂

Shopping Cart