Home Forums EA Studio How to set up the correct SL and TP in the strategy properties Reply To: How to set up the correct SL and TP in the strategy properties

User AvatarSamuel Jackson

Hi Mario,

What reason have you decided you need so much data? Is there a specific type of strategy that you are targeting?

From above my understanding is that you are playing around with just the stop loss and profit taking ranges in order to obtain strategies that trade only a few times a month?

Presumably your logic is that in doing so you are targeting better entry and exit points that happen more rarely? Are you trying to target trend following strategies?

As Petko says with what you are doing you can easily experience long stagnations or losing periods. If you are determined to stick with such a long time frame and low frequency trading strategy then I would definitely suggest doing so on many assets (30+). I also think its sounds like an unnecessary amount of data though.

I agree with Petko that 1-100 is a pretty wide range for the Reactor/Generator to do its work, would be interesting to understand more about what exactly you are targeting though?

It definitely sounds like you have something clearly in your mind of what you want which is a good thing!

Shopping Cart