Home Forums Trading EAs on VPS Forex VPS Setup to use 99 EAs

Trusted Trading Brokers banner

Tagged: 

Viewing 95 reply threads
  • Author
      User Avatardavidfarley
      Participant

Hello Petko,

I am very happy I found your course: Automated Forex Trading + 99 Expert Advisors Every Month. What kind of VSP setup do I need to have to successfully run 99 EAs in my demo account? I was speaking to a representative at my broker and he thought that might be too many EAs to run on a VPS. What kind of advice can you offer related to this?

Thank you,

David

Hello David,

Glad to hear you liked my course. It really gives a lot of possibilities, and with the updates that are coming up every month it is priceless..actually, this is the reason why we decided to lower the prices of the courses because such course with such update as 99 new EAs every month is really priceless, so we just discounted them..

However, I really avoid suggesting brokers and Forex VPS services, because these are external companies, and we are not related to any of them.

There are many Forex VPS providers that you can find, maybe 100s or 1000s. I would just suggest you to avoid using the broker’s Forex VPS because this way you will give them easier way to control and manipulate your account. I do not say that they do it, but we never know if they won’t do it.

But to make it easier for you, last we used Contabo as Forex VPS. The very basic plan will work for you, and you will be able to install and use at least 2 Meta Trader platforms, one with the 99 EA and the other one to separate the top performers.

The 99 EAs work well on Meta Trader you can inform your broker’s support. Keep in mind that the support of the brokers are people who are just answering questions, no idea about trading and Expert Advisors, and Meta Trader. They just answer questions…:)

Let me know if there is anything else.

Cheers,

User Avatarhamselv
        Participant

Hi Petko.

The basic plan at Contabo you mentioned, is that with a dedicated server or a shared server? I ask because the price is significant higher with a dedicated server.
        Thanks.

Regards
        David

User Avatarjacpin2002
      Participant

Oh, my. I didn’t even think about how my broker could affect my account. I am currently using the VPS that my broker is providing. I have 2 MT5 platforms running-demo with the 99 EAs and live with currently 3 EAs. I haven’t had any issues, but I will keep a better eye on the account to be sure.

User Avatardavidfarley
      Participant

Petko, thank you so much for the reply. I will let you know how it goes with the VPS that I use.

I found a VPS that is not affiliated with my broker, but is recommended by them. The broker actually has three VPS companies they recommend. The broker will actually reimburse for the VPS if you meet a balance requirement. Does this sound like a VPS situation I should be concerned about?

Hey guys,

hard to answer the last question. Simply, there are 1000s of brokers already and all work differently. I can not say really about your case, but as Jacpin says, you should keep an eye on it always, and have in mind that the brokers benefit when we lose(forget the thing they benefit only the spread)

Now I have worked before for couple of brokers, and they really work differently. But most of the time there is the old A book and B book. In A book are the people who profit, and there are different way to manipulate the accounts to lower the profits in these account. And this is most of the time with manual trading. And that is one of the main reasons why I the recent years I have started more algorithmic trading. There is not too much there to be done from the brokers. As said most of the people working there have no idea about Expert Advisors, which gives as some security.

User Avatardavidfarley
      Participant

Thank you Petko. Do you have any specific good or bad stories with OANDA?

No, I have not traded with them. May be some of the other students can share experience.

Please, just do not place link for any brokers, anyway we will remove the post.

It is good to have discussion, as I always aim to protect the traders from the Scam brokers, but in the same time I do not want to promote any of the brokers.

User Avatardavidfarley
      Participant

Thank you Petko!

User Avatardavidfarley
      Participant

Petko, thank you again for answering all my questions. I wanted to ask you specifically about the VPS setup. How many cores, and how much RAM, do you recommend the VPS have? Do you have multiple VPS setup for all your different strategies, or do you just beef up your cores and RAM on one or two VPS?

Thank you! Here’s to a fantastic Saturday!

Hey David,

You are welcome, mate. Well to be honest with you the recent one year I am not using VPS anymore. We have placed it all on local computers.

First of all in long term it is cheaper(paying Forex VPS each month will cost a new computer after 2-3 years). Second, I prefer to have control over it. I do not want to bother about having my strategies, Meta Traders, and basically money in another company servers. But that is me…

Now, recently we were using Contabo (please do not take it as recommendation, just to make it easier for you) and there the basic plan with SSD, four cores and 8 GB as far as I remember was enough to run 2-3 Meta Traders with many Expert Advisors into, even with 99 EA. I hope that makes it clearer.

Have a great weekend too! Do not hesitate to drop me any other questions.

Kind regards,

User Avatardavidfarley
      Participant

Thank you Petko! That makes a lot of sense having your own computers. I will try things out and eventually I will plan to get my own dedicated computers. I’ll be happy to reach out to you with any other questions.

This is going to be fun!

Hey David, I am happy I could assist you with this. Just take it easy, you can start Forex VSP where you can place your Expert Advisors but if you are looking in trading in longer term, you can start with a normal desktop computer(normally cheaper than the Laptop), and you can place the 3-4 Meta Trader platforms which is totally enough for beginning.

I say desktop computer because it is easier to keep it connected to the internet all the time. When people use laptops they always move it, take it away on travel, or do not keep it with the charger. All these interruptions to the internet effect the performance of the Expert Advisors. This is where having a dedicated Forex VPS comes useful, but as said above a Desktop computer would work just fine.

You are welcome to ask me any questions at any moment.

Wonderful Sunday night!
      Cheers

User Avatardavidfarley
      Participant

Petko, I did have a question about your desktop. Do you have any worries about latency, or speed of transactions to your broker?

Thank you!

Hey David,

I am not sure if I get your question exactly, but if you are asking if using a desktop computer would cause issues in transactions, the answer is No.

The latency or speed of execution comes from the broker and not from us. The broker is the one standing between and the real market.

Once we are connected to the server of the broker, whenever there is an order the Broker is obliged to execute it immediately. And if there is some delay it is because of the broker, not because of us or where we have the platform, on Forex VPS, on a desktop or computer.

User Avatardavidfarley
      Participant

Petko, that answers my question perfectly.

Thank you!

Cheers, David! Do not hesitate to drop me any other questions.

Have a wonderful day!

User AvatarHaliffa
      Participant

Great topic here. Somehow I have missed the recent posts. So far I am paying for VPS too, I will think about going on desktop computer and placing it all there. I do believe with more powerful one I will be bale to run all of the 4 Meta Traders that I have currently on the VPS.

User Avatardavidfarley
      Participant

Hello Haliffa,

Thank you for your comment. Can I ask you how many cores and RAM you use on your VPS to run four MetaTraders?

Thank you!

User AvatarHaliffa
      Participant

Hi David,

I am using basic Forex VPS with 4 course and 8 Ram + SSD. Sometimes it gets a bit slow, but I do not think it causes problems with the execution of the trades. Just when I have many charts opened, and i click over each, it delays…I asked Petko, he said it is normal.

Now I started looking at desktops as I have calculated that it is a better investment, and I will have fully control over it.

Hey David,

Gooood question here…i really do not remember that to be honest with you. I remember there wes some extra cost for the Windows server, but I believe it with shared server.

I do not want to mislead you, so you better contact their support and ask them what exactly their plans include. Also, it is possible to have some changes since I have used it.

kind regards,
      Petko A

User AvatarThetrader
      Participant

I have placed it all on my laptop and my computer and it is fine. Even I restart it all, the 99 EAs continue to manage the opened trades, the worst thing is to miss a trade. But I am trading on M 15 so I restart it between the opening of new bars, and I do not miss trades.

Good point here Thetrader. The EAs open new positions on the opening with the new bars(with EA Studio). So if you restart the computer in the middle would not interfere the trading at all.

User AvatarPete
      Participant

I followed your advice, Petko. Stopped the Forex VPS and took a desktop computer – 16 RAM, SSD, i7 – 8700 CPU, 3.2GHz

I do believe this configuration will easily run couple of Meta Traders together

Hello Pete,

yes, I use very similar configuration on my computers. You will be able to trade on few Meta Traders simultaneously.

The best thing to do is to place them one by one, and when it starts to slow down your computer, you will know where is the maximum.

User Avatarhamselv
      Participant

Hi Petko.

Thanks for all your answers. I’m about to choose a VPS. Is the time zone of the VPS important? I mean I want to use your 99 EAs. Your EAs are developed and tested with data in a specific time zone depending where the MT4 servers you used are located. So for instance if your 99 EAs are developed with data from MT4 servers in Bulgaria, should I then choose a VPS located in Bulgaria to get the best results? If I e.g. choose a VPS in USA then the time difference is several hours and I assume that can have a significant impact on some of the EAs.

Regards

Hello Hamselv,

no, the time zone on the VPS or on your computer does not have impact with these EAs.

The EAs are on M15 chart and this chart is one and the same on all time frames. Same as M1, M5, H1 chart. Now the H4, D1, W and M charts have differences as their open and close prices are different with the different time zones.

For example, here in Bulgaria we are two hours earlier than UK. So our H4 candles open 2 hours earlier, just in the middle of the UK H4 candles.

So if you are trading on any of the lower times frames, you can select any Forex VPS that works for you.

Kind regards,

User Avatarhamselv
      Participant

Hi again Petko.

I see. So H1 is the limit because the differences in time zones are at least one hour. And I assume that the EAs don’t use hour/minute specific strategies (like go long at 11:30).
      Thanks!

Regards

User AvatarAndi

There are trading hours with FSB Pro. But I am not a fan using those…I think it is not stable to use hours in the EAs.

User AvatarAndi

By the way Hamselv, which Forex VPS are you planning to take?

User Avatarhamselv
        Participant

Hi Andi.

I just signed up for forexvps.net because they have good reviews and their servers are located in the same city as the trading servers that my broker uses (fast execution of orders). And also they use green energy to power their servers!
        It is actually a company that is partnered with my broker meaning I get discounts on my VPS. They serve several brokers this way. I know that Petko advises against using a VPS from the broker, but I trust my broker and the broker and VPS company are two completely different companies. Also my broker has good reviews. If the broker wants to manipulate I guess they can do it without the VPS.

Regards

One more time guys, when you look for Forex VPS make sure it is not one from a broker.

Hey Hamselv, please do not place links, just the name. Anyway we will have to remove the link.

Anyway it is great you share your experience with the Forex VPS, this will give idea to the others.

User AvatarAndi

Hello Hamselv,

thank you for sharing the name. I will definitely look at this Forex VPS.

I am sure you are right in what you say that the broker can interfere the trading even without using its Forex VPS.

I am not sure if the execution speed depends really on where is the server, but more on the broker.

I think they predefined the spreed of execution? I would be happy if Petko shares his opinion on that.

User Avatarhamselv
        Participant

Hi Andi.
        Well my understanding is that execution is in two steps. Step one is communication from your VPS to the broker’s server with MT4. Next step is the broker placing the order. The location of the VPS (or your computer) is relevant for the first step. Depending on the location the execution can be delayed several milliseconds. This is more relevant for trading the lower time frames like M1 etc.
        Regards

User Avatarhamselv
      Participant

Hi Petko. I wasn’t sure about the link. Sorry about that 🙂
      Regards

User AvatarAndi

Hey Hamselv,

Good to know that…and a bit worried because I chose an Asian broker which is on the other side of the Earth. But they actually have offices in UK, so I do not know where are the servers, and I do not think I can find that out…

Thanks for sharing that, anyway I do not trade M1, except the EAs from Petko, but I have not noticed issues with execution.

User Avatarhamselv
        Participant

Hi Andi.
        I asked my broker where their MT4 servers are located. It’s an Australian broker and has MT4 servers in New York. Your broker should know it as well 😉
        Regards

User AvatarAndi

Hehehe, sounds so logical to ask 🙂

I will make sure to find out as much as I can before deciding with FOREX VPS to use, or if I will go with Petko’s suggestion about having it all at home.

Thanks for your help, Hamselv!

User Avatarhamselv
      Participant

You are welcome Andi ?

User AvatarAndi

I think brokers should do it more accessible and transparent.

We fund accounts and we do not know where are actually our money, which bank? Some say they are guaranteed, by who?

We open trades and we do not know where are the servers? Even they say in USA, where? US is so so big…

Feel like those are doing their game, and we are struggling even to start the real trading…

WHY THEY DO NOT HAVE FORUMS????

What I liked really about EA Forex Academy and Petko is that they are so transparent. Here is the Forum, every one can write, share, complain…and actually i did not see complains so far..

I know the courses, I know the lectures, the EAs, Petko answers all questions, all is really transparent, nothing to doubt about.

I have spend 2 days reading and looking for Forex VPS, brokers, where are the servers, the support of the brokers are really not competent. Anything I asked was answered not precisely…

Just, in nowadays I do believe that everything should be clear and opened, so we can feel safe trading. Even I succeed to make profits from the EAs of Petko, I feel like I can not start relaxed…

Hey Andi,

I understand your point, and I know it is hard to set up the account with the broker, the VPS or the trading machines.

However it is the first important step in algorithmic trading.

Try to make is as simple as possible so you will focus on the trading itself.

Also, you are right that everything should be opened and clear, but unfortunately not all of the brokers do it..

About forum, I do not think there will be ever forum in any of the brokers 🙂

User AvatarChris Eliot
      Participant

If a broker makes a forum on their website, I will be the first one who opens live account there.

I do not believe this will happen.

User AvatarChris Eliot
      Participant

And yes, everything with Petko is very clear. Pleasure studding his courses.

Glad to hear that guys. Anyway concentrate on the trading and the strategies, not over the brokers.

User AvatarJohn Michael
      Participant

All you need is desktop computer(because you can update the RAM when you place more Meta Traders) and broker regulated from FCA.

No need to spend extra money for Forex VPS

You are right John, but I am not sure if it is only RAM needed to place more Meta Traders, as I am now the hardware guy…if someone shares more professional opinion on that would be very useful!

User AvatarRoman
      Participant

Hola,

I’ve actually been doing a lot of homework on this topic the past week. My current set up is a 7 year old Sony Vaio, so this thing is crawling when running FSB or EA Studio. Since EA Studios runs on Popov’s servers I’ve been using it way more until I can get a new computer. Looking at building a PC with a 12-16 core processor, and probably going to go 32gb of Ram so I can actually USE my computer while running either FSB or EA Studios at lightning speeds. It would actually come out to be cheaper than buying a gaming laptop or pc which usually comes with a 6 core processor and 8gb of ram. I’m not a computer expert by any means but cores+ram=lightning speed is all I needed to know!

Hey Roman,

you are right, no need to have gaming computers as they put inside normally more powerful video cards which makes them more expensive. That is why the Forex VPS normally are with poor resolution but higher RAM and cores.

Cheers

User AvatarJohn Michael
      Participant

I did the stupid mistake to take gaming computer, and it went to my son after that. Then I took a Forex VPS, and now I am looking for desktop…as said above no need to spend money for Forex VPS, even it gives some kind of security.

User AvatarRoman
      Participant

John,

Don’t feel bad, I was very close to swiping my card on a gaming laptop this weekend. I decided to look at how much it would cost to build a PC with the focus of processing power for the builders instead of graphics and frame rates for gaming. Check out a youtuber Joey Delgado. I’ve been watching his “how to build” videos. Everything he’s picked out for the budget builds are gaming specific. So I started doing homework on a data processing focus components with memory for all the data sets instead of high end graphics cards for frame rates.

Good point here, Roman! Thanks for sharing that with the others.

Cheers

User AvatarJohn Michael
      Participant

Thank you, Roman!

that is very useful information. I will have a look at the videos that you suggest.

Unfortunately I am not IT at all, and I can not build my own computer. May be I will look for some shop where are specialists. I really prefer that, since you guys and Petko suggest that. I think it will be better than using Forex VPS.

Kind regards,

User Avatarhamselv
      Participant

Hey. EA Studio doesn’t run on any servers. It runs in javascript in your internet browser 🙂

Regards

As far as I know, the EA Studio runs on the browser, but it needs server as well. I mean every app works on a server.

But yes, it runs on the browser, using javascript, and that is why if you run more reactors simultaneously, it might get slower.

User AvatarJordan
      Participant

I use laptop and desktop which is just fine to have 5 platforms running without a problem. As I am full time trader, I do not move the laptop at all.

Hey Jordan, glad to hear from you again.

Guys, keep in mind that when you use laptops, even you move them, disconnect them from internet or just update the windows, the EAs have their Magic Number which will detect the opened trades after you are back connected.

Also, if you have SL and TP in your EAs you are fine to disconnect from time to time.

But if you do it too often, you will not have precise statistics.

User AvatarRoman
      Participant

@John: I’m not an IT guy either, in my previous career I was a bread baker and now in sales and marketing. Have never put a PC together in my life, but just like with bread, you watch other people do it enough you can ease your way through it. Comes out a lot cheaper, especially to upgrade a few things here and there every few years 😉

@Jordan
      : My laptop is 7 years old, only running 2 cores and 4gb of ram. This think hates life when running FSB let alone get any other productivity out of it while running. Which is why I’ve turned to EA Studio, but eats up all my ram. So again cant do much while she’s running the softwares. Forum is about it lol

User AvatarJordan
      Participant

Hey Roman,

do not hesitate to improve your trading machine. I learned with the time in trading that the tools we use as – machines, softwares, courses and all are very important.

You will be able to generate faster EAs, to test more EAs and to build your trading faster. I am sure that your investment will pay back.

Jordan, you are absolutely right, but I can say that when trading is not the primary income, one should not spend a lot of money on machines. Just a simple desktop with more RAM and higher cores number would work fine as a beginning.

Now, when the first profits come, those should be invested in more powerful trading machine, Forex VPS or what ever the trader decides.

Normally no one thinks about that because more than 90% of the traders trade manually. They do not need a machine, and nowadays more and more trade from their mobiles, which is ridiculous!

Jordan, you are absolutely right, but I can say that when trading is not the primary income, one should not spend a lot of money on machines. Just a simple desktop with more RAM and higher cores number would work fine as a beginning.

Now, when the first profits come, those should be invested in more powerful trading machine, Forex VPS or what ever the trader decides.

Normally no one thinks about that because more than 90% of the traders trade manually. They do not need a machine, and nowadays more and more trade from their mobiles, which is ridiculous!

User AvatarIan Bibian
      Participant

Agree, money should not be spent if the results are not there.

I took my second computer when I did my first profits with the EAs. This way I removed the Forex VPS. Now I run it all on 4 machines.

A new trading machine should be taken when it is really needed. Forex VPS is a meantime solution, and at the same time, it is extra cost monthly.

User AvatarMeryjonestexas
      Participant

I took for one month Forex VPS, but then decided to take a laptop. I have a computer, so a laptop + computer is just fine. I run totally 7 Meta Traders without a problem.

Hello Mery,

I agree with you that if you do trading as a hobby or part-time job, laptop + computer is more than enough. Forex VPS is really not needed.

Cheers,

User AvatarHaliffa
      Participant

I agree with that. No need to spend money on Forex VPS, and at the same time to place my EAs on some server… no way

The thing is that some of the traders do not like to keep their computers on all the time. That is why they look for Forex VPS.

User AvatarAndi

Guys, just to share something (again Petko was correct but I did not listen).

I kept the Forex VPS for some of my accounts and I notice that the trades were not opening at the beginning of the bars. I saw there was lagging..I connected my broker and asked them what is the reason, they said it is from the EAs.

I compared the very same EAs trading on my personal computer and the ones on the Forex VPS and guess what?

no lagging with my computer, only on the VPS…

now I will look for VPS that is not coming from any broker, or I will buy another machine. The problem is thatI have already 9 platforms, and I need extra machine…anyway I will solve it, but once again, do not depend on the Forex VPS that your broker will offer you.

User Avatarjacpin2002
      Participant

@Andi-I actually stopped using my broker’s VPS and switched over to Contabo. I have had no issues since the change.

User AvatarAndi

Thanks, Jacpin!

I saw somewhere in the forum Contabo, and since you confirm it works without issues, I will give them a try.

Yes, I have tested before Contabo(probably have shared it with Jacpin) and they are just fine. They are independent of Forex which is good.

User AvatarAndi

Hi, Thanks so much for sharing this! I have taken one of the plans and working on transferring all platforms. I will take me a couple of days.

Sure, Andi, just do not take it as a recommendation. We have just tested this VPS some time ago.

User AvatarAndi

Hey Petko, just to let you know, it works fine for me so far! Yes, I know you do not recommend it, but it is nice you share because you saved me a lot of time to struggle around.

Hey Andi, glad to hear that I was useful to you! Let me know if there is anything else.

Cheers,

User AvatarThapelo
      Participant

How does the Forex VPS work? Is like a virtual computer where we install the Meta Trader and place the Expert Advisors? What makes it different from using the personal computer?

User Avatarjacpin2002
      Participant

@Thapelo-I am currently using a VPS with Contabo. It is a virtual computer (I use Windows) and you install MT and then place your EAs set to autotrade. The only difference I see in using it is that I am not leaving my computer on all the time. I tend to like to shut things down for the day, so I don’t need to stop my EAs from trading just because my computer is off. I have my VPS take care of that for me. It’s a minor cost to me (12 USD per month), but it’s worth it for me.

I know others here use their own computers to run their trades, so it’s basically your personal preference.

User AvatarThapelo
      Participant

Hello Jacpin, thank you very much for making this clear. So I guess if I take one I will just need to log into th VPS. Something like using the team viewer? Can I access it from the phone or the tablet to monitor the EAs?

User Avatarjacpin2002
      Participant

@Thapelo-I haven’t used it from a phone or tablet, as I have only accessed from my laptop and/or desktop. I access mine via the Remote Desktop Connection in Windows. The VPS company provides the login information to make it easier and then I just go in and do what I need to do. The only time I ever go in there is to make changes: adding and/or removing EAs. Other than that, I use FX Blue Live to monitor the trades taking place and I do this 2-3 times a day: once in the morning usually before 10am Eastern, once in the afternoon around 2:30pm Eastern, and then once in the evening usually around 9:30pm Eastern. I try to catch the results of the trading sessions to see how things went.

I used to connect the tablet with Remote Desktop, but as Jacpin says, you can monitor the account from Fx Blue. Much easier.

User AvatarBob Smith
      Participant

I follow with FX BLue as well. Of course if you want to change any EA you will need access to the platform.

Right, the FX blue is just to monitor.

User AvatarIan Bibian
      Participant

Any ideas about a Forex VPS which has best parameters for Meta Trader platform?

User AvatarVan
      Participant

Hello Ian,

MT does not require special parameters. It uses RAM as far as I know. So anything with more RAM will be fine.

Regards,

User AvatarVan
      Participant

Anyway, all the VPS services could be upgraded. So if you take a small plan, and you start placing MT platforms, and one moment you see you need more, just upgrade.

I always suggest the traders start simple with their computers or laptops at home. No need really to spend money on VPS especially if you are not yet profiting from the trading.

A regular computer nowadays will handle 2-3 MT platforms, EA Studio on a few browsers, and probably FSB Pro.

Cheers,

User AvatarTravis Nose
      Participant

I have 4 MetaTraders on my desktop and they work fine. I do not see the need for having VPS and spending extra cash on that.

User AvatarAndi

Hey Travis,

I think the same. The thing is when people travel, it is good to have access to the EAs, not just to monitor them. I have many MetaTraders installed as well but recently I keep the 2 live accounts on a VPS so when I travel I have access to Experts.

But you can actually leave your computer running at home with the MetaTrader and connect it from your laptop as you travel.

You can use TeamViewer or programs like AnyDesk.

Actually recently I use more AnyDesk to monitor the Forex platforms and change anything if needed with the Experts.

User AvatarThapelo
      Participant

Hey Petko,

I started using as well as AnyDesk. It is an interesting program and it is very useful for me. Thanks for sharing it in the Forum

User Avatarforexmaniac
      Participant

Hi Petko. I also tried AnyDesk and it works beautifully! But I’m starting to feel like I should explore other tools just in case the need to use them arises. I know you don’t make recommendations but what VPS do you personally use? At least I’d trust the one that you’ve practically used and approved.

Hello Forexmania,

Before I was using Contabo. I do not use it any more since we moved all the trading to our local computers.

The good thing with Contabo VPS is that it is not from a broker. I mean, I would not trust a broker for a VPS for sure.

User AvatarSimon
      Participant

Running everything on computers at home, would power-cuts be something to think about, potentially disconnecting trades for hours? Or fire risk, leaving the machine on all the time?

Would you use the same machine for generating strategies as you would for running demo and live MetaTraders?

Hello Simon,

well, personally I do not have such issues except my baby boy walking around and pulling out some cables 🙂

But you are right, if there are power-cuts all the time, this might affect the trading.

Yes, most of the machines where I do trading, I use them to generate new strategies. Actually I would be starting today with the updates of the courses.

User AvatarSimon
        Participant

Thanks Petko,

Haha yes, I keep my machine running in the attic, where my little one can’t reach. Yet!

User Avatarforexmaniac
      Participant

Hey Petko. Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll be sure to check Contabo out. Does the platform use the regular payment platforms such as PayPal, Skrill, etc?

Hi Petko. You said that you don’t use Vps any more, since you moved all the trading to your local computers. All rights. I have a lot of yuor EAs, to put in demo account. I tried to do it, but, when i opened 45 EAs charts, my old pc stoped to work. Sure, i must buy a new pc for trading. But i don’t know what kind of pc to buy. I wouldn’t do a mistaque. What pc must i buy, to trade with 3 mt4? 2 demo and 1 live. Thanks.

Hey Gianluca,

Well, I am not really a specialist on it, I mean I have someone to consult with, but I guess I can give you an idea if I share with you what PCs we use at the moment:

Now, I think you will do fine with i5 and 8GB, and you do not need a special video card.

I remember for MT the most important is the RAM, so if you can afford more is better.

Hi Petko, hi Traders. I have, or better, we have a big problem. I’m beginning to trade without the VPS.i buyed two NOBREAK. One for the pc, and one for the internet connetion. And all is good. But, sundey, i did the windows ten update. And the pc was off and then on. When it turned on, i saw that many trades was closed. Why? And how to do for not to happen that? Thanks

Hello Gianluca,

I do not really understand what means “i buyed two NOBREAK”.

If your computer was off, the only logical reason is that the SL or the TP were hit.

Please, send me some screenshots from your account History so I can see better.

Cheers,

User AvatarBart Meijrink
      Participant

Recently I stopped using the Forex VPS because I realised from one of Petko methods that I do not need it.

He teaches in the 99 EAs Ethereum course that we can test 1 month in few seconds with EA Studio, and actually we can test any period.

So what I do recently:

1. Generate strategies and keep the collection in a folder

2. I do this every week for different assets and timeframes

3. After 3 months I recalculate the collection and see which strategies keep performing well

So every week now, I recalculate a collection and I create a new one which I recalculate after 3 months.

So I just put on my lie account the EAs that perform best after the recalculation

No contabo VPS anymore 🙂

Viewing 95 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart