Trusted Trading Brokers banner
Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Alan Northam
    Participant

Right now I have 1521 strategies (EURUSD M15)  for the month of August and the month is only half over so I could end up with 3000 strategies by the end of the month.

Samuel Jackson

It’s not really a problem having so many strategies, it will help you find strategies faster as you are able to skip the generator having to find strategies from scratch. Just make sure to keep them tidy I guess.

What about other pairs and timeframes? You should focus on building these up if you are approaching too many for EURUSD M15.

Also once you have a big collection this will allow you to run the reactor less often and just use the validator going forward to ensure your pools keep passing the validator settings or also if you decide to change your strategy requirements by modifying the acceptance criteria you will have a large group of strategy’s to begin with.

I would pick the pairs and symbols that you want a pool for, build each up and then going forward use the validator to maintain and keep current and the Reactor to top up as needed going forward.

Alan Northam
    Participant

What about other pairs and timeframes?

Each of my 10 MT4 accounts are funded with $400.00.  Margin required is $200.00.  As you can see I cannot have more than one asset in each MT4 account.  My original plan was to diversify EURUSD with 10 different strategies which would be a balanced portfolio as far as I understand.  I suppose I could add some H1 assets to this mix.

Another strategy might be to use  EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, EURJPY, EURGBP, GBPJPY, USDNZD, EURNZD, GBPNZD, NZDJPY which would be an underbalanced portfolio by one USD asset which might not be objectionable.  I could try this in the future once I have collected sufficient strategies for all these assets or I could use Petko’s pool of strategies.

What do you think?

Samuel Jackson

Regarding the slight out of balance in terms of USD is not a problem at all in my opinion with all those suggested pairs.

I think stick with what has been working, and experiment with small changes at a time rather than a large overhaul.

Yes 10 different strategies on EURUSD can be a balanced portfolio. I would prefer they were spread over different periods though. 2-3 for M15, M30,H1 and H4 would be better.

Yeah I’d think once you have enough on EURUSD move to different pairs. 1000 is more than enough in your pool for any single pair and timeframe though.

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here