Home Forums EA Studio Trading Robots from EA Studio Are EAs on 5min and 1 min real useful?

Trusted Trading Brokers banner
Viewing 46 reply threads
  • Author
      User Avataredu
      Participant

Hello everyone,

i have been using the auto trading since the middle of 2018 and i am almost at 100% of ROI of my 5000 initial investment (1:30 leverage).

I have always used M15 M30 and H1 as timeframes and i have never used in real M5 and M1 because in DEMO i saw too many orders opened and not so much profit.

Have you ever found useful this two timeframes? Do you earn good money from it?

Hello Edu,

I am very happy to hear that you did such an ROI for half a year! I can tell you that this is a great result! Good job!

As you know from my courses I like to use M15, M30, and H1. Now, in some of the courses, I show M1 and M5 but these EAs are always filtered with longer time frames. Basically, I use FSB Pro to place LTF filters in the EAs.

User AvatarJordan
      Participant

Wow! Fantastic result there Edu!

100% ROI for 6 months makes 200% yearly if you succeed to keep it up. Imagine the bank will give you just 2-3% at the moment 🙂

Looking back the last six months I am on 67%, so you did really well!

User Avataredu
      Participant

Thank you Guys!

Thank you Petko, yes i noticed and i was following your instructions but i didn’t understand that with the Expert Advisor studio you were using only that time frames!

Thank you jordan, yes i am very happy. Hopefully this will be a good Year!

To make it clear, I do not say that M1 and M5 are not good time frames to be used with EA Studio, I am just used to generated strategies on FSB Pro for these time frames.

User AvatarMeryjonestexas
      Participant

Hello Edu,

would you mind share something more from your trading? Like what currency pairs you trade, how did you build your portfolio, the risk management you take?

It will be very interesting to me, and I believe to the others 🙂

User AvatarHaliffa
      Participant

I am curious to hear more of your experience, Edu.

For me is very hard to be consistent during the month because I always change my strategies, risk management, my whole trading portfolio.

Also, if you share what type of expert advisors you are using how did you generate them this would be great.

You are another proof that Petko is a great teacher 🙂

User AvatarStephen
      Participant

Hey Edu,

I use M1 and M5 with portfolio Expert Advisors. Recently I made 4 portfolios, each one has about 20-30 strategies inside.

I am not focused on the number, but more to choose the strategies with the acceptance criteria.

I trade them for one month, and during this month I generate new ones, and I add the good ones to the portfolio.

Hello Stephen,

good job! In my Portfolio Expert Advisors course, I show trading many strategies with EURUSD.

If you have seen the course, you will know that I trader M1 and M5, but there the idea is different  – I start trading with all the strategies, and I remove the ones that perform not as expected.

It is good that you keep generating new EAs all the time. This way you will maintain the number of Experts in the portfolio.

Kind regards,

User AvatarIohan Dive
      Participant

So as far as I understood it will be good to generate the strategies for M1 and M5 with EA Studio but to trade them with portfolio Experts?

User AvatarPetko Aleksandrov
      Participant

Hello Iohan,

This is how I use the lower time frames, but that this does not mean that there are no other alternatives. There are many.

Keep in my that in my courses I share how I am doing it, but I never said: ” You should do it the same way.” I am just showing my methods and the best thing would be if you use them but in your way, with your approach. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

User AvatarShamasa
      Participant

Hello, Edu!

Fantastic result for 6 months! Keep it up!

User AvatarPetko Aleksandrov
      Participant

Fantastic results, indeed!

User AvatarVan
      Participant

I stick with the strategies on M15. Why would you try to go for more difficult trading when the simple one works fine.

In Jan and Feb I have unseen results so far. In March for 10 days, I am over 1000 pips. Al of my EAs are on M15, so I would not change a thing.

I know many traders are enthusiastic to create EAs with what they used to do before EA Studio, but that is wrong.

Look at the results the software gives you. Run a couple of generators with the same acceptance criteria on different time frames and see where you get the most profit.  That’s it.

User AvatarDeniza
      Participant

Hello Van,

thank you for sharing your experience. I am new in the Academy and EA Studio but I was planning to start from M15 chart too. I saw that Petko uses this time frame a lot in his trading courses.

Great to see you have such results.

Nico see your result, Van! Keep up the good work!

Yes, M15 is a great start with EA Studio.

User AvatarThapelo
      Participant

I have built a nice portfolio of M1 chart EAs using the FSB Pro. I used similar structure from Petko’s course with the top 5 EAs. I used different filters on M15, M30 and H1.

As filters I used moving average, moving average crossover, MACD and Vydia Moving average indicators.

For each strategy I used different filters on the Longer time Frames, and each strategy has 3 longer time frames indicators. This way I filter the entries a lot, some of the EAs open trades just few times a week even they are on M1.

hope it is useful to the other traders as idea…

Hey Thapelo!

It sounds you have done a good job!The more you mix it, the better! How many EAs totally you have in that portfolio?

User AvatarDesita
      Participant

Thapelo, good job. Do you mean you have in each strategy three different longer time frames with different indicators?

User AvatarThapelo
      Participant

Yes, three different longer time frames, and mixed. With the different strategies – different filters.

Maybe its too much because some open few trades, but so far with good results.

With FSB Pro I want to create strategies that are trading with fewer trades(using more filters on other time frames) but fewer losses.

While with EA Studio I create more active EAs – smaller SL and TP and with 2 entry conditions only. This way I will compare which one of the two is better. Of course, there are so many other approaches with the two strategy builders….but I am focused on these two now.

User AvatarAndi

Very interesting approach, Thapelo!

One thing here, it is not about the number of entry conditions you have but about what they are.

For example, if you use more conditions as “the line is higher than the other line” or ” the indicator is higher than the 0 line” you will have trades all the time. There is a new feature in the Backtest output. They are two actually:

It shows you in percentage how active is your strategy.

If you use more conditions as “the line crosses the other line” or ” the line changes its direction upwards” you will have fewer trades.

Hey Andi,

good point here. The bars in trade are really useful when you want to create more active EAs or the opposite.

As well as Average position length is interesting.

User AvatarStephen
      Participant

Hey, I missed those new lines in the Backtest Output. They are interesting. I observed some of the strategies and I saw that some are trading nearly all the time, and some are trading less than 50%. Not sure which one is better.

User AvatarDesita
      Participant

They Thapelo!

Thanks for making it clearer. Keep up updated with your tests. If everyone shares his experience in the forum will be just really amazing.

I hope soon to share my successful system 🙂

Hey Desita,

this was my idea for the Form at the beginning. It takes time for everyone to find his own trading style in trading and to share it. For some people, it takes a lot of time to start writing at all. Some feel shy, others lack confidence, but I am happy that many of you already write and share ideas and experience.

User AvatarDeniza
      Participant

This is correct. It took me 2 months to start writing in the Forum. Now I feel comfortable because I learn new things and I can ask any questions. It is a great support for me.

User AvatarSharapova Sisi
      Participant

I am willing to trade more the M1 chart but at the same time, I do not want to have very active EAs (to pay a lot of spread). How can I limit the number of trades?

User AvatarHaliffa
      Participant

Hey Sisi,

if you use FSB pro you can do what Petko shows in his USDJPY top 10 EAs course. Place Longer Time Frames filters on the M1 strategies. This way the strategies will open only when the filters allow that.

If you use EA Studio, you might need to place more indicators as entry conditions. Which will make the strategy not so active. Look at the picture Andi posted above – you can monitor how long time the EA is trading.

User AvatarDeniza
      Participant

I am going over the Top 10 USDJPY course and I really like what I see so far!

User AvatarDesita
      Participant

All of the trading courses are very valuable! I went over all of them 3 times, and in each one there is a lot to learn.

Hey girls, I really really appreciate you like the courses. I really put a lot of effort and heart into each one, and I hope I will be able to continue recording..

Have a great profitable week ahead!

User AvatarAndi

Hello all,

I wanted to share some insight on trading the smaller timeframes as M1 and M5.

When you use FSB Pro where you can use longer time frames, there are two ways to do it.

One, you use the small time frame, for example, M1, as a major timeframe, and you add different filters on the Higher time frames. For example, you have 2-3 entry conditions on M1 and then you have a couple of Entry conditions on the Longer time frames as M15, M30, H1, etc. This way you filter all the entries that appear on M1.

The other thing is that you can use a longer time frame as H1, and add smaller time frames. Now here you come with the logic that the trade will happen when the smaller time frames are ready for it. For example, you can have the entry condition there on H1, but if there was some quick reverse or change of the trend on the smaller time frame, you can protect from that by adding smaller timeframe filters.

Hope that is useful!

User AvatarRoman
      Participant

Andi,

You’re the man! I  actually use entry on H1 approach with H4 and D1 as my filters to follow big picture. Experimenting with M15 entries, using M30 and H1 filters for more active EA’s.

Never thought of using smaller timeframes to filter my H1’s. Going to write that down and play with that idea. I always figured the “intrabar scan” feature did that for us. But if you brought it up then it’s definitely worth looking into.

User AvatarAndi

Hi Roman,

yes, I think worths trying and I will tell you why. Imagine you are on H1 trading and all indicators shows you that you are fine to go long. If during this hour something happens with the price and it reverses, it will take couple f hours(minimum 1 to show you the change. This might be crucial and have the loss.

Now, if you have the filters on the smaller time frames, they will tell you that the lower time frames(which are closer to the current moment) are not ready to go with the direction of the longer time frames.

As you know the indicator are lagging, so you can keep the logic that you have on the H1 and longer time frames but just filter them a bit more on the lower time frames.

Have a great weekend!

User AvatarHaliffa
      Participant

Hello Andi,

what you say is so interesting to me! I never did filter the EAs on the smaller time frames but it makes a lot of sense.

I saw a few times when trading on M15 and I have the entry signal, that the price goes in the opposite direction on M1 and M5. I did not know it is even possible to filter them using lower time frame filters. Thanks for sharing your experience.

User AvatarThapelo
      Participant

I will try that out! So far I am using more EA Studio but I plan to spend more time on FSB Pro in the next months. I want to trade exactly EAs where the other timeframes confirm the trades.

User AvatarRoman
      Participant

Andi,

Hope you’re having a great weekend. What you say is a very good point. But isn’t “intrabar scanning” supposed to help with that? To use all available lower time frame data to help with the entry accuracy?

User AvatarAndi

Hello Roman,

You are right about that, but I just prefer to use M5 and M15 if I am trading on H1, for example. So I want to have actual indicators on these lower time frames confirming the trade logic.

User AvatarDesita
      Participant

I have already created such EAs, and they work fine. I did three of them having filters on each time frame. I will share results later.

Guys, the more you experiment, the better idea you will have about the trading. Everything you do – generate different strategies, use different acceptance criteria, perform robustness testing, trading, etc, everything makes you a better trader. Do not hesitate to test anything.

User AvatarSharapova Sisi
      Participant

Hello all,

I want to ask if anyone uses M1 with EA Studio? What acceptance criteria and range for SL and TP?

Hello Sisi,

What you can do to find the good SL and TP range is to give a huge range. Let’s say from 5 pips to 200 pips. You will see what values EA Studio will give you. After that, you can narrow it.

Same thing with the acceptance criteria. Just do not make it too strict. If you see too many strategies in the collection, start to add different criteria.

User AvatarHaliffa
      Participant

I wanted to update this topic with some recent observations I have. Since M1 and M5 are very tricky, volatile and the same time it is hard to get EAs that will last profitable, I tried trading only with EAs from FSB Pro that have more than 1000 count of trades. The results are promising even I get less profit per day, I get more stable EAs.

Hey Haliffa,

Glad to hear you sharing your experience. Yes, I agree as well that on the small time frames it is better to have many count of trades. Of course, you would need more Historical data.

User AvatarCone D
      Participant

Hey Haliffa,

that sounds interesting! Did you set in the Acceptance criteria the 1000 min count of trades, or you have selected those after that in the collection? For example, placing 300 but leaving just those that are above 1000…

What I normally do is to place a lower number in the range of 300-500 and then from the additional filters I increase the number of trades to get the maximum I could.

User Avatarjohnbrown7
      Participant

Hi Petko. I’ve been following the thread keenly but there’s something I still do not get and I was hoping you would clarify things a little better for me. When selecting the timeframe to use, are there specific criteria one should use?

Viewing 46 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart